In the beautiful Umbria, a short distance from the city of Perugia, the prestigious “Castle of S. Apollinare” is proposed for sale, a magnificent Byzantine-style monumental complex of high historical value, whose origins date back to the year 1000. The property includes the entire east wing of the ancient fortress including the main tower, the crenellated tower (“maschio merlato”), for a total area of 1,575 sqm. Also part of the property is an outbuilding used as a garage and private land totaling 2.06 ha. with a beautiful equipped garden, private parking, woods.
Sant’Apollinare is a castle in an elevated position with a crenellated tower (“maschio merlato”: a tower of medieval age, higher than other) and two courtyards (“cortile d’armi”: small courtyards built immediately after the entrance to the castle, where, with various measures, the impact of any attackers who managed to force the entrance was contained.).
The property includes the entire east wing of the fortress, it develops a total area of 1,575 sqm. and consists of a fortified building on n. 4 levels above ground + 1 level subway, all composed as better indicated below:
– 1st Level subway (433 sqm.): Lounges, former cellars, technical rooms, service rooms, restrooms;
– Ground floor (436 sqm. + 58 sqm.): The main entrance, halls and lounges characterized by cross-vaulted ceilings and ancient fireplaces, study, office, service rooms, technical rooms, restrooms. On the same level there are also 3 rooms for use as a garage;
– 1st floor (436 sq. M.): Internal stairwell, 3 living rooms, kitchen, hallway, 4 bedrooms with respective en-suite bathrooms, large panoramic terrace;
– 2nd Floor (152 sqm.): Internal stairwell, an apartment including entrance hall, lounge, kitchen, hallway, 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, technical rooms. On the same level there is a characteristic
external walkway, above the walls, which acts as a connection with the main tower of the fortress, the maschio/mastio, with the characteristic crenellation at its peak;
– 3rd Floor (60 sq. M.): Habitable attic composed of a single large open-space room.
The property also includes 2.06 ha of private land, including a beautiful equipped garden of 2,500 sqm., private parking of 1,750 sqm., a wood of 1,6 ha. with essences of holm oak, oak, and downy oak. Option to purchase the adjacent 74 ha farm. with a farmhouse of about 570 sqm. + more
agricultural volumes for warehouse use and remittances.
S. Apollinare Castle would be perfectly suitable to be used as a magnificent luxury residence for private use or an authoritative representative structure. In addition, it would be possible to offer this wonder also for tourism purposes or for the organization of ceremonies and banquets considering the generous availability of indoor and outdoor spaces, as well as the beauty and high historical value of this prestigious property. A unique investment opportunity, located in the heart of green Umbria.
Along the ancient Etruscan road to Rome, among the rolling hills that open towards Lake Trasimeno, stands the Castle of S. Apollinare, an elegant Byzantine building that bears the name of the Ravenna archbishop Apollinare. The Castle is located in the Municipality of Marsciano (PG), in a fortunate dominant location with a panoramic view of the surrounding nature. The property is about 15 km away. from the city of Perugia and from the E45 highway connection, S. Francesco international airport can be reached in about 30 km. The City of Rome can be reached in 2 hours by car.